[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.0.2″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.0.2″ text_font=”Lato||||||||” header_2_font=”Lato||||||||” header_2_line_height=”1.3em” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
I Live in a semi-detached house & I wish to extend at the rear by 5 Meters is it possible at the moment?
Yes, it is possible to use the Neighbour Consultation Scheme & apply to extend up to 6Meters (Not More Than 50% of The Garden) this is subject to planning. An extension or addition to your house is considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:
• Single-storey rear extension must not extend beyond the rear wall of the original house* by more than three metres if an attached house or by four metres if a detached house.
• Via the Neighbour Consultation Scheme you can apply to extend the limit to 6m if an attached house and 8m if a detached house.
• No more than half the area of land around the “original house”* would be covered by additions or other buildings.
• No extension forward of the principal elevation or side elevation fronting a highway.
• No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof.
• These increased limits (between 3m and 6m and between 4m and 8m respectively) are subject to the prior notification of the proposal to the Local Planning Authority and the implementation of a Neighbour Consultation Scheme. If objections are received, the proposal might not be allowed.
• Maximum height of a single-storey rear extension of four metres.
• Extensions of more than one storey must not extend beyond the rear wall of the original house* by more than three metres.
• Maximum eaves height of an extension within two metres of the boundary of three metres.
• Maximum eaves and ridge height of extension no higher than existing house.
• Side extensions to be single storey with maximum height of four metres and width no more than half that of the original house.
• Two-storey extensions no closer than seven metres to rear boundary.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]